s1ice is a small software library that will allow - with the proper hardware - to flash the internal firmware without USB access. It will also repair dead s1mp3 players damaged by a wrong firmware update.
Read below and S1ice/Research, we would be glad to see experts joining our efforts.
S1ICE library version 0.2 and is released on SourceForge.net
S1ICE frontend is version 0.6.1 and is compatible with the JD-ICE v0.3 hardware.
You can always download the latest release of the frontend from:
Location 1(sf.net): http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=165691
Location 2(s1mp3.org): http://www.s1mp3.org/files/unstable/s1ice/s1ice.7z (version 0.6.1)
You can download the source code of the s1ice library from:
This is just a preliminary version of s1ice, however you can test your JD-ICE interface through the frontend tool. No documentation is yet written but there are hovering hints througout the controls.
See ICE how to for building your own JD-ICE interface.
Currently supported features:
- linux binding for the library
- parallel port read/write for generic IO test
- specific bit writing/reading for the JD-ICE interface
- ATJ2085 ICE connection test
You can freely redistribute this program, but first read LICENSE.TXT.
You can get in touch with the group members through:
- S1ice/Research - ICE research
- JD-ICE interface - how to build
- www.7zip.org - You will need 7zip to extract the files
- S1ice dedicated page
- S1ice downloads hosted on s1mp3.org
- ICE how to, how to create the needed hardware
- ATJ2085 datasheet, even if incomplete, it is still the most important source of informations about the ATJ2085
- ATJ2085 scheme
Other related pages:
- S1ice/Pastebin - temporary pastebin